Solved! Go to Solution.
I FIGURED IT OUT!
1) Open the Notes App
2) tap the 3 horizontal lines on the left hand side (the menu)
3) tap the 'settings' icon on the upper right side of the menu (the gear symbol)
4) there should be an option there for you on the list that says 'convert old notes'. Tap it.
5) a prompt will pop up explaining that your old notes will be converted to be compatible with the new update. Tap 'Accept' or 'Continue'.
6) enjoy your old notes in a whole new way. All of my notes are the same, nothing has changed and I am so relieved. I hope this helps!
I got the same prompt on my Note 20 Ultra. The Samsung Notes Addons is from Samsung and safe to use.
You can find the reference to Samsung being the origin in Apps -> Samsung Notes Addons -> Gear icon -> About Samsung Notes -> Open source licenses.
Package Installer is the Android service responsible for installing new apps, updating the apps and uninstalling the apps.
So why am I get a warning that my phone and data are at risk. Please advise. I just installed this ad on and I'm seriously worried that my phone may be compromised. Thanks
Well that is not what the message on the phone implies. It says specifically 'may put your phone and data at risk'. Why would it say that then? How do you know ones phone is not at risk?
Im in the same boat, but I think its very optimistic of you to think that Samsung will 'help' any users in this situation.
Samsung should have:
1) signed the the software update properly so that users like the OP @Mel311 and me dont have to wonder if the software is legit or not
2) allowed users to opt-out of the update and have access to all their previously created notes, especially if the update goes wrong