JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't use older notes after Samsung Notes update.

(Topic created: 08-23-2020 08:16 PM)
Mel311
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have a Galaxy Note 9....
When I try to open a Samsung Notes file created before today's update,  I get a message that says I have to install the Samsung Notes-Add On to open them. When I click install it wants to use something called package installer. But when I click on this it says that the source is unknown. I am not allowing anything unknown to install on my phone. What is going on? How do I access my old notes. 

FYI...restarting the app, force stopping, and cache clearing have failed to resolve the problem.
75 Replies
Tenzasking
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Open the settings for the app?
0 Likes
user6h0okeYIDX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It worked for me. Thanks  😊 

0 Likes
userEXDFcSdKT4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

thank you.  this solved the issue

0 Likes
userUVM1iB4NCJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How and where are settings? I looked in the app and there is no settings. Go to settings go to apps go to Samsung notes there is nothing there. So where did you go to get settings?

0 Likes
userUVM1iB4NCJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Never-ending. I just found it. Now to move a recipe from one folder to another. I have to figure that out.

0 Likes
userFk9JWXF1hQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This did work to view and access them, though I hate the new format.  However, if you add a new note, there is no way to save it. When you select the three dots and then select save as file (such a freaking addition of uncessary steps!!!) and then select Samsung Notes file, you then get YET ANOTHER prompt of where to save.  NONE of the options are Samsung notes. 

It's also MUCH more difficult to quickly access your uncategorized notes, and now requires 3 very unclear steps to add it to a folder.  (click on left arrow, see grayed out "folders" below, then select a folder).  This is now one of my most hated updates.  Looking for a better notes app.  And an Iphone.  Good job Samsung, convert us all to Iphones!!

0 Likes
userBeZmg3e4ZW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

thank you for this guide.

Samsung update process and instructions and hints on updates is really bad.  

0 Likes
usertllDQ3i3Sy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

THANK YOU! It worked! I was so worried. (Still am, so might transfer the really important stuff)  Good ole pen n paper! 

0 Likes
userpSYoMDuii3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

U have to open settings and select "Convert old notes" (or something like that). After conversion, you can accessable again.

userK10vhz6WM2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It did not work for me. When I did that it only brought over very old notes. For example, when the update must have been happening 11pm to 1 am, I was in notes and it says my notes were saved, but when I woke up on Saturday morning and it blocked me from opening notes, I saw the download add on box. When I clicked it, it took me to anti-Malwarebytes, and I did not feel comfortable giving it a go. So I went on this page and saw that someone said I could do the convert. So, I tried to convert my notes, and only a few old notes were there. The one I was typing the night before (most likely during the update) was half there. I wrote about 20 pages, and only 2 were there. I still can not get it back. What to do? HELP! 

0 Likes