JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot get Bixby to learn contact name.

(Topic created: 07-28-2017 06:47 AM)
Galning
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a contact named Anne. Bixby always understands this as "and." Cannot voice text or call because of this. I have attempted to teach without success. Ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
TheSean
Nebula
Options

Hey, @userMYf1ozEAVS! I know that this can be frustrating at times. 

While this isn't the most convenient way, I actually listed some steps to fix this HERE. 🙂

0 Likes
useraVVsPwNHCc
Constellation
Options

It's frustrating. I taught Bixby how to spell a certain contact when I speak of it. It spells it correctly now but still calls the wrong contact. For example the correct contact name is Amna Nasir, but bixby would keep calling a contact name Amna Abbas. When I changed the contact name from Amna Abbas to "b". It would still call B while spelling Amna Nasir.

0 Likes
Options

Did you happen to assign a nickname to this contact?

You can do this by going to Contacts, finding the person that you would like to assign a nickname to, tap their contact info then tap "details" and tap "edit" in the top right. Once on the edit page, scroll down to "view more" and tap "nickname", assigning a nickname may help Bixby distinguish the two contacts.

Let me know if that helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Options

Hey, I just wanted to drop by and see if this helped.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Lagertha75
Asteroid
Options

this isn't a solution I shouldnt have to change my son's name for bixby to ring him, everytime I tell her to call Keelan she comes up with call Kalen or Kaitlyn neither of which are my son's name and there is no way to train bixby to tell her the correct person she should be ringing, this is ridiculous on a phone worth over a thousand dollars google and siri have NO issues calling my son Keelan and they have never even been taught his name. You NEED to find a proper solution for this or at least have the function to train bixby properly to LEARN names

0 Likes
jeremytn86
Astronaut
Options
I am having this same problem with my wife's name, Kristin. Bixby thinks it's Kristen, I have used the "teach Me" feature I don't know how many times but it does nothing, why is it even a feature if it doesn't work? OK Google always worked with this by the way.
0 Likes
user4GwzpsaLIU
Astronaut
Options

I'm having the same issues. When I ask Bixby to text Natalee. It does a search for Natalie. I tried correcting Bixby like 20 times and still searches for Natalie. Not sure why they wouldn't be able to have bixby actually search through names in my contacts first. I don't think any of these options i see on here are acceptable solutions. Samsung please help. Perhaps an option to teach Bixby proper Nouns. And adjustment to the code that allows bixby to search for the closest match in our contacts first. 

userVu9EjQQUOl
Asteroid
Options

Here we are in 2019 and still no fix? I cannot get Bixby to remember my wife's name "kira" so I had to change it to Kiera in contacts. Now I just have 400 other names to change-WHY CANT BIXBY LEARN?

0 Likes
userR0FfJxCuHy
Astronaut
Options

Are you kidding me?  I have 500 customer contacts and am on the road all day long. I bought a galaxy note 9 and am VERY disappointed with Bixby.  I like the stylus note capability but seriously, you all can't solve this problem?  60 percent of my customers are of Hispanic descent and I CANNOT CALL one of them without manually inputting.  I may just throw this phone away. I hope you can solve this problem.

0 Likes
Je655
Comet
Options

You can add multiple nicknames to each contract to ensure bixby will find the correct person.

Contacts>"contact name">edit>view more>nicknamesScreenshot_20200710-210413_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-210057_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-210408_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-210504_Bixby Voice.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-210328_Bixby Voice.jpg

0 Likes