Original topic:

Changing Assistant Name

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 09:32 AM)
usereu8dPzl56l
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Customers have been requesting for the ability to change the name of their Bixby Assistant without any action by Samsung for a while. From what I can tell it is possible to change the name in newer devices and if true great. However my Galaxy 8 has not aged out of usefulness and I have no interest in replacing it yet.

Why isn't Samsung responding to such a simple request? Users should be able to activate "their" assistant by saying anything they want. Not only is the name problematic for users that live in areas named "Bixby", are named, or have friends named "Bixby", but having a device assistant name known creates an EXTREME SECURITY ISSUE! Anyone's voice who is even close to my own can Unlock and access my device if Voice Wake-Up is turned on. This is a PROBLEM! Please supply an update that allows all users to rename Bixby Assistant anything they wish.

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
I haven't heard about being able to change the name in newer devices. I have the s20 Ultra and afaik you can't change the name.
0 Likes
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
I wish they would do what siri does and require you to say multiple phrases besides just "hi bixby" since that would allow the assistant to recognize your voice much better and reject other voices. If bixby is to be taken seriously, it needs a few other things too. 1. Either remove capsules and have the assistant come with the ability to perform the tasks of the capsules or have the capsules come pre installed. 2. Give us more realistic voices and a diverse set of voice like siri which now even has a black male voice which I think is pretty cool and I use. 3. Better voice recognition since half of the things I say get mis understood by bixby if I'm more that 2 ft away. 4. Faster responses. Bixby takes forever to respond most of the time. I don't know if it's because it still thinks I'm talking or if processing just takes that long but it needs to be fixed. 4. Finally, bixby needs on device voice recognition like siri for simple and local tasks. My voice doesn't need to go to the cloud for things like opening an app or setting a timer. If the bixby team does these things, they might have a real contender for a google assistant replacement.
0 Likes