cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drudeger
Asteroid

Changing back to standard/advanced settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently updated my phone, and for whatever reason, it reset my settings app back to simplified settings and I can't find a way to change it to the preferred standard/advanced settings. I can't find the vertical three dots that used to be used to toggle between simplified and standard mode, instead it has my Samsung account icon, and when I press it, there still isn't any option to change the settings mode. I'm honestly getting frustrated at each new update making it more difficult to use the phone rather than actually fixing issues with the phone, so can someone please tell me how to switch to standard/advanced settings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Changing back to standard/advanced settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think this might have been a change due to Oreo.   Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Drudeger

What in particular do you want to change from simple to normal settings? Is this something in the Settings tree, or another application? Also, w hat model phone is this in reference to?

Drudeger
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, I'm sorry for my late reply! I want to change the options for the settings from the simplified settings (connections, sounds, notifications, etc.) to the advanced settings, the exact settings I don't remember, but I know there was a longer list of settings and they would be categorized under things like "security" and color coded. You used to be able to change between advanced and simple settings by pressing the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of the settings menu, but it has now been replaced with my Samsung account icon, and I have found no other way to change back to these advanced settings.

Drudeger
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Also, I'm referring to the S8+, I believe
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think this might have been a change due to Oreo.   Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGgGBSp2mvm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this problem.  When you go into device settings by Swiping down and pressing the gear icon for settings, you could change between the simplified menu setting required by Bixby or normal Android configuration menu setting.  Bixby requires the simplified menu option be set.  Some recent device update removed the choice and I can't put the device into the normal Android settings menu mode.  How can I turn off simplified configuration menu layout menu?

I will not use Bixby until Bixby is smart enough to use the normal configuration menu settings.  If Bixby can't use the normal Android configuration menu, then I DON'T want Bixby, it's not flexible/smart enough. 

My Device is a Note 8, Verizon

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello again, just thought I would reach out to see if you needed any further assistance. If so let us know.