JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charger as a phone stand to take pictures with phone

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 08:09 AM)
airda6
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Twould be nice to have the phone charger be like a tripod rather than a cord so we could have the phone stand upright to take photos more easily.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Most people charge their phones at night while they sleep. They do make third-party charging stands and tripods for taking pictures. Most people wouldn't want a stand or tripod with their phone; raising the purchase price.
0 Likes
BEN83
Galaxy
Options
Charging phone during sleep time is totally unsafe. Because your phone can catch on fire while is Charging. I don't Charge my phone during my sleep time.
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
I used to until my phone caught fire so you are 100 percent correct
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
You should never charge a phone while it is on a pillow or bedding or plastic, but on a hard surface of wood or glass, which can endure higher temperatures. Should you notice your phone heating up during the day you should seek repairs immediately. You should also, always use the charging cable that came with your phone whenever possible.

That said, there see other reasons not to charge your phone every night.

https://youtu.be/jnb4rdaKW6k
0 Likes
BEN83
Galaxy
Options
Not all the time phones should be seeking repairs, first you got to diagnose what is causing phone to be either warm or hot, sometimes phones will get warm because of screen usage. I have note 20 ultra, I never experienced problems where my phone would be hot, or warm. I always clear out the cache and restart my phone.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
We agree, but my comment was specifically about your phone 'heating up' while charging (and not in use by implication).
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
I will back-peddle and agree that you should not charge an older phone while sleeping, not every night. And that I should probably do so less myself.
0 Likes