Original topic:

Clarification of the samsung cloud switch

(Topic created: 06-22-2021 11:40 AM)
userVySNGO78dJ
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello all, I was hoping for some clarification on the switch from samsung cloud to one drive.  I didn't make the switch manually earlier, and have been waiting for it to do so automatically.  I have downloaded all the things I have in the cloud when prompted.  Twice, in fact, as I got the message twice.  It claimed to be successful both times.  When I look in my gallery however, I see things I deleted are back, but all content seems to be from this phone's lifetime.  My last phone fried two years ago, and so I haven't had access to those photos since.  I was under the impression that that had all been saved to the cloud.  It said so at the time.  Has it gone somewhere else? Has it been compartmentalized and I can't access it with this phone? Am I, a lowly layperson, doing something wrong? Is there some special hoop I need  jump through to get it it?  Has it been deleted? That would be horrific, as it completely defeats the purpose of the cloud.

Additionally, I believe I saw something about tabs in the samsung browser linked to the cloud.  Will those that have been left open be discarded by the switch? What about bookmarks? And the ecosia app. The tabs I have open there, are those being housed in the cloud as well? I believe ecosia is supported by google but I'm not sure, maybe samsung is shouldering some of the weight.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for reaching out. Here is the timeline for the Samsung Cloud termination: https://support.samsungcloud.com/#/eof_notice/group1 Please know that the United States is considered Group 1.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userVySNGO78dJ
Constellation
Options

When signed in, I cannot reply to posts in my own thread, the reply goes from visible to my not being able to see the widget.  Additionally, I cannot add a new post - I am told I cannot take that action.

@SamsungAdam thank you for the link giving me a rundown of the timeline for the switch to one drive from samsung cloud, but as far as I can parse, it doesn't answer the questions I posed in the original post.

0 Likes