Original topic:

Currupted Samsung Note File

(Topic created: 07-25-2021 12:25 AM)
RoseBarry
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello.

Everything was completely fine until I had went into Samsung notes. All of a sudden my most used file was suddenly currupted. When I clicked onto it, all it kept saying was, "Can't open note. File Currupted." I don't use the file much but it was really important to me and I was wondering if it was gone forever or if there's a way to recover the file. I'm not sure if the samsung cloud was connected to samsung notes but I do know the cloud was synced to it. I'm not sure what to do. 

There's not a lot of information there either. I spammed a whole huge bulk of messages onto a new file to see if it'll be corrupted (more than my important file) and it never got currupted. So why did this one get currupted and I didn't add much stuff to it?

Please help me. Thank you in advanced if you find out why.

—I use a Samsung Note 9

0 Likes
1 Reply
space_pro
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
It could be due to the update to new Notes file format. Go to My Samsung My Files and Internal Storage. Change toggle from 'Essential' to 'All'. Perform a search or scroll down to find the file that you are trying to open. It will be a .txt file.

Once you locate file, long press file name and select Open With. Try opening file with other programs capable of viewing .txt files like Docs or Word.
0 Likes