JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DONT FORGET TO BACKUP

(Topic created: 12-03-2020 06:26 AM)
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
For everyone who has a pending update on their device. Stop and take a moment to backup your phone. Also remember that most full UI updates will wipe your apps, widgets, and some settings from your home screen. Though a backup might not stick your Spotify widget back in its rightful place, the backup might remember how you like other tweaks you've made to make your phone your own. The 2 minutes you spend backing up your phone could save you 2 hours in frustration. //Settings/Accounts and Backup P.S. Be sure and take a moment to click on your Notification Bell located at the top of your Samsung Members Screen. This is where you will find the Changelog and Features of the New Ui. 

5 Replies
kim0208
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks for the reminder
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@SHADOWGATE wrote:
For everyone who has a pending update on their device. Stop and take a moment to backup your phone. Also remember that most full UI updates will wipe your apps, widgets, and some settings from your home screen. Though a backup might not stick your Spotify widget back in its rightful place, the backup might remember how you like other tweaks you've made to make your phone your own. The 2 minutes you spend backing up your phone could save you 2 hours in frustration. //Settings/Accounts and Backup P.S. Be sure and take a moment to click on your Notification Bell located at the top of your Samsung Members Screen. This is where you will find the Changelog and Features of the New Ui. 

Backing up before any update is great advice. It is even better advice to back up continually. You never know when you will need a backup. 

I have performed many full UI updates to many phones over the years and have never experienced any wiping of data. So I would say that although clearing some info on your phone is always possible, the statement that "...most full UI updates will wipe your..." is too strong. 

View solution in context

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
@LongHiker The overall amount of customers reporting " I woke up this morning and my phone had updated and I lost all my Homescreen Setup. Help me get it back" also carries Strength. Not to say that it will, but is a common issue even when making a backup alot of these settings are not put back correctly. Not to say you cant just re add a folder or a widget but for some, knowing ahead of time might save them the worry of thinking the update somehow messed up their device. In which they will head over to...here and ask for help.
0 Likes
ItzWestley
Astronaut
Options
question
0 Likes
ItzWestley
Astronaut
Options
@SHADOWGATE am I backing to all all three ? back up and restore