cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nebula

Dark Mode

So many apps offer a dark mode theme these days I've been waiting for Samsung to introduce this with its native applications such as Calander, Contacts,  Sertings area, My Files etc.. Running Android Orio. The blinding white background has become an eye killer at night for me.  And lowering the brightness is not the answer either as I can barely read the screen then.  I was happy to see dark mode appear in the email app a few years back.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Dark Mode

me too. I have light sensitive eyes.
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Re: Dark Mode

exactly I have a window tint exemption it's so bothersome for me. The dark themes for download change too much such as icons and are not a good option either so hopefully Samsung will do a little coding for us and spruce up their platform.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung does offer a dark mode starting in Android 9 with OneUI, what device are you using? I've been using dark mode for well over a year now and perhaps two.
Highlighted
Nebula

Android 8.1.0
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I guess what most of us are saying is that many or most of the Themes will not work properly with the Samsung factory Dark mode. hopefully Samsung will change this so we can enjoy full Dark mode with Themes that we like.
Highlighted
Galaxy

Dark mode was put in at Android 9. Please don't complain about it just because your software is outdated.
Highlighted
Nebula

who"s complaining I missed that part. obviously dark mode was left out on 8 but can be added anytime for the price of coding . Doubt that will occur. Dont see the point in upgrading to a new device everytime the platform gets a new build , like Google just released the last version of android 11.
Highlighted
Galaxy

Depending on where you got your device (obviously a Galaxy phone) you are capable of rooting and installing an alternate OS to mimic the new systems. Since Android 9 is the beginning of the dark mode introduction, you would be able to choose between Android 9, 10, or even 11 as it just came out. If your Galaxy is not compatible with the rooting process (usually carrier locked) then your only choices to experience that is by either buying a new Galaxy or finding modded apks to replace your existing versions. Explore at your own risk and do your research.
Highlighted
Nebula

yes Giant2020 I noticed Google Calander has the dark mode option but downloading 3rd party replacements for my native apps is filling my small internal storage and apps like to jump from my external back to internal hdd