Original topic:

Disable forced group chat for mms vs sender only replies Samsung nonsupport

(Topic created: 08-08-2021 11:01 AM)
Magickly
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I don't know about you guys but I'm sick of being directed to a community board to get assistance from Samsung for our super pricey devices.  Spotify does this too. 
Forced to use bot to initate chat, which repeatedly provides irrelevant responses the demands over and over to rephrase your issue. when I did finally get to the point where I was offered a himan to chat with the buyes button did not work. I typed yes and it pops up with an ad for the S20 and my conversation gets closed. as if it was handled.
This is unbelievable, after paying over $2000 for this device 
Forced to rephrase and dumb down your question over and over and over , until you get so frustrated you give up, for the crappy bot stops working. How great for Samsung, how incredibly frustrating for every customer.

My question. How to disable "group messaging" for mms to multiple recipients, so only sender sees the replies. 
On my Galaxy fold, may only send pictures to multiple recipients if you enable GROUP messaging, ie CHAT. Otherwise you can only TEXT words to multiple recipients and keep the responses private. is a basic feature. Right now I've been sending a message and then trying to ninja back to the message and turn off the toggle on conversation before someone replies, and everyone sees. Attempt by Samsung to boost up their chat and become like a mini Facebook? Not ever interested in this I cannot believe that this basic feature is still missing and I've had this phone for over a year. Total **bleep**. 

I have returned to this site many times trying to get an answer on this from Samsung support, googled repeatedly. I have purchased over 75 Samsung devices for myself and friends over the years this is ridiculous
4 Replies
Magickly
Asteroid
Options
Should be able to do this basic function of sending an MMS to multiple people without being forced to chat mode which is in my opinion to try and get everybody using chat I want to receive private responses.
Magickly
Asteroid
Options
"How to disable "group messaging" for mms to multiple recipients, so only sender sees the replies, BEFORE mms is sent"

I am fully aware of how group chat works, which is why I want to not be forced to toggle on, where
everyone may see replies sent back-and-forth

That is my point I don't want group chat, but private responses when I message pics/mms to a bunch of recipients.

Does not occur when I am sending a text only message to multiple recipients. I am not forced to toggle on group chat for text only SMS, only with pictures/MMS. This is a system issue not a user issue.

Only AFTER the group text actually goes out, within conversation, able to toggle off allows group chat. in order to receive private messages. option should be available before it is sent, which would be a better temporary solution. workaround

I should not have to enable group chat to send, then toggle off another place. there should be a setting that I can check always allow individual replies to sender. Once sent, any recipient can see replies and info of other recipients. Not cool.
I would like to use group MMS not group chat . We need settings option Many users like me don't want to default to group chat. It really **bleep** that I am forced to use this board and not receive an actual reply or assistance from Samsung representatives after spending $1900 on the device.

forced to use this a members site vs actual support, where other users can just make up random stuff and post it like it's fact. there's only a like button. we need a download button for people who are going to put up this information that is incorrect and it looks like it came from Samsung

If you are not a Samsung employee, please don't respond, unless you can change the software to allow individual responses to group mms option, or better yet, set as default end then toggle on group chat if that is what others prefer. Forcing default to group chat creates privacy issues there is more room for error and data to be viewed by unintended parties
Options

Same problem here with Samsung S21. Being forced to activate group chat. Someone really made an effort to sell a horrible user experience with no choice.

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I would recommend that you try this link here to resolve this issue. (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Send-MMS-to-multiple-recipients-without-being-a-group...)

0 Likes