Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disney+ and older Samsung smart TV's

No more samsung's for me. I'm done.

@usercHIHkXssNL wrote:

If Samsung doesn't release an app for my 2015 "smart" TV, it will be the last straw for me where Samsung is concerned. I've been a loyal customer of Samsung Phones (Since the Galaxy S4), TV's, earbuds, tablets and sound bars. If they "decide" to make the Disney + app unavailable on my 2015 Samsung TV and don't do the right thing by their existing customers, I will never purchase Samsung products again. My 2015 TCL Roku TV, which costs considerably less than my Samsung TV, streams Disney + just fine. I don't  think this is a technical issue, rather a profit driven decision and poor customer service.

@usercHIHkXssNL wrote:

If Samsung doesn't release an app for my 2015 "smart" TV, it will be the last straw for me where Samsung is concerned. I've been a loyal customer of Samsung Phones (Since the Galaxy S4), TV's, earbuds, tablets and sound bars. If they "decide" to make the Disney + app unavailable on my 2015 Samsung TV and don't do the right thing by their existing customers, I will never purchase Samsung products again. My 2015 TCL Roku TV, which costs considerably less than my Samsung TV, streams Disney + just fine. I don't  think this is a technical issue, rather a profit driven decision and poor customer service.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have (or have had) a Samsung UBD-M8500/ZA 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and it's been great with all other apps. Something simple as an app shouldn't be that hard. I can't believe the excuse of only certain processors will work. I have been a Samsung owner for decades yet what I am hearing I am sorry to have been a loyal customer for so long just to get tossed aside

Highlighted
Constellation

You are 100% wrong and mistaken. This is Disney’s fault. You blaming and protesting a company that has nothing to do with Disney pluses decision to NOT ALLOW older Samsung TVs to do this. 

Yuor upset that you can’t watch mandalorian without buying a new device. Contact Disney and complain to them to send you a free roku stick

Highlighted
Astronaut

You know its pretty telling when Samsung still manages to put its forced advertising on the smart bar but won't add new apps.   Samsung has slowly blead out the features which came with the older smart tv's like the built in guides, games, twitter etc... .  

I have an Older 80" sharp which is in the same boat .  My advice for the future is if you want a smart tv, look for one which actually has an android playstore built in. This won't guarentee you future compatibility but it will at least let you run apps as long as the app supports the Android TV.

As I like the picture on my Samsung , Samsung has proved to me that they will dangle their smart functionality  out for newer models but has no intention to support them beyond a couple years so plan on having your smart tv becoming just a "TV"

So far it looks like Sony is the top brand which supports an android play store and Visio is the value brand .   I am Upgrading my main room to an 80+ 4k in early 2020 and I can guarentee that it will not be a a samsung smart tv because of their app support 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have 4-5 Samsung TV's

Several phones Note 10+ 5g 

Tablets 

Computers

Hard Drives 

Smart Things Refridgerators 

and several other different devices (cameras blu-ray players sound bars sound systems head phones video cameras ect...) I could go on & on.  Dont get me started on product placement and reccomedations professoinally & personally...

I am considering purchasing their QN65Q900RBFXZA . $3000

I am so dissapointed that they would only go back 3 years!!!!! Shame Shame Shame!!!!! I'm reconsidering everything with them!!

With all that being said there is a way!!! & I wanted to share a couple links. 

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=9bc43210db4d40d03c0cf158bf961946

www. avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/3020014-2018-samsung-sek-4500-evolution-kit-13.h...

Technically Samsung support for Disney+ goes back to 2012 with the sek-4500 compatible tv's. I verified this through Samsung Chat.

Highlighted
Constellation

No and I'm not about to run out and buy a new TV.  I'm also not happy at all about this.

Asteroid

I've had this problem with other apps not being supported on older TVs. I went out & bought a Chromecast. Much cheaper than replacing a perfectly good TV.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Are you not able to cast from the phone to the TV if they're both 9n the same network?

Highlighted
Constellation

I agree with the other posters here. Samsung's decision not to put the app on earlier Smart TVs is nothing more than a strongarm tactic to get the consumer to buy another TV. Sorry, but if I do purchase a new TV, it won't be a Samsung. This no Disney nonsense is a real turn-off.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a js8500 from 2015.  I too am very disappointed with Samsung.  As a result I will avoid Samsung tvs going forward.  Sony OLEDs are looking real attractive right now.  This is rediuclous that they cut support so early into a products life.  Samsung 'smart' tvs are 'dumb' tvs.