cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
designr66
Asteroid

Disney+ on Samsung UN48J5200

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - we were told by Samsung that Disney+ would be compatible with all TVs produced from 2016-2019.  However, this is not true.  I have a UN48J5200 manufactured in January 2016 that cannot even locate the Disney+ app.  The TV states that it is up to date, and "auto update" has been active.  I see that HBO GO is available, which is also only a couple of months old - but Disney+ cannot even be seen in the Apps selections.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
designr66
Asteroid

Re: Disney+ on Samsung UN48J5200

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ha - then someone was asleep at the assembly line, because the date of manufacture is on the back of the TV and it says January 2016.  Doesn't matter, I'll just use Roku.  Was just wondering why Samsung was going public with statements they couldn't support, and if it was just me that was missing something or the company's error.

Thanks for the information!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Can I have your full model number and firmware version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

designr66
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi - I'm not sure if I have this information right, but it says that my current version of the software is 1110.  The full model code is UN48J5200AFXZA, Version # TD01.

FYI, I'm also having this issue with my UN40EH5300FXZA, but that was made in 9/2013 and I saw that Samsung won't support Disney+ on anything older than 2016.

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Per the model number you provided the TV was manufactured in 2015 so disney+ would not be supported.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

designr66
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ha - then someone was asleep at the assembly line, because the date of manufacture is on the back of the TV and it says January 2016.  Doesn't matter, I'll just use Roku.  Was just wondering why Samsung was going public with statements they couldn't support, and if it was just me that was missing something or the company's error.

Thanks for the information!

View solution in original post