JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Duplicating app shortcuts

(Topic created: 08-15-2020 07:41 AM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't know if this came from Android, Samsung, or my carrier, but my S9 started out with three folders in the apps screen (Google, Samsung and Xfinity) containing shortcuts to their respective apps. I added a fourth folder for Amazon. I've also moved some additional apps, such as Samsung Members, into these folders. However, this means these apps are no longer "loose" in the alphabetical list of apps. Is there a way to duplicate an app shortcut so that it appears both in the folder and loose? 

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
there is no way to duplicate an app. it's either in the folder or loose in the app tray. however... you can contact samsung and request this feature.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
XxMomoScorpy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not sure within the phone but I use my folders on the home screen and therefore am still able to access in alphabetical order
0 Likes
Solution
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
there is no way to duplicate an app. it's either in the folder or loose in the app tray. however... you can contact samsung and request this feature.
0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
In the app view an app can only be listed one. On the home screen or additional pages an app can be in a folder as well as "Loose".
0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

@requa 

This reply help you out or solve your issue?

Let us know by accepting it as the solution. This lets others find that solution easily as well and is really appreciated.

1. Login to the Samsung Members app or site
  2.  Open the thread you posted.
  3. Click or tap "Accept as a solution"

To accept a post as a solution:

• On the web you can click "Accept as solution".
  • In the Samsung Members app find the post that helped, and tap the three vertical dots next to it, then tap "Accept as solution".

Your issue not resolved? Reply back with more info or the troubleshooting you've done so we can better assist.

Note: Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
0 Likes