cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

EMail App Does Not Show E-Mail Addresses - It Needs To

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Samsung E-Mail App needs to give users the option to view the actual e-mail address of the sender. This is needed for security reasons at the very least. How do know if an e-mail is really a hacking attempt if I cannot see the e-mail address. The sender might say Amazon, but the e-mail address might be from evilhacker.gmail.com. It would really help to know this. Please add this feature Samsung.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: EMail App Does Not Show E-Mail Addresses - It Needs To

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use the Samsung email app, when I open an email it shows who it is from ie. "Amazon". Now if you tap where it says "amazon" it will pop up a menu with the email address shown.At least it does on my Samsung email app.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rspiet Thanks for reaching out I will tag this post so our development team can see this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update? I just got an email from what appeared to be amazon

But i couldn't tell for sure until i copied  and pasted the email address in a new email. Lots of wasted time. I dont want junk and i dont want to have  to verify like this everytime. Is there an app out there that doesnt do this. Prior galaxys did not work like this. Ive have had at least 3. And never had this issue til the 10. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has this problem been fixed yet? I moved from an iphone and little things that Samsung's dont do are incredible. I need to know who sent me an email? How do I do it? 

Also the calendar only says 31st, like theres other days 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. If you tap on the name of the sender it will show you the actual email address and give you options like saving it in your contacts.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use the Samsung email app, when I open an email it shows who it is from ie. "Amazon". Now if you tap where it says "amazon" it will pop up a menu with the email address shown.At least it does on my Samsung email app.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I am reading the email, I want to see the email address that is sending the email. This used to happen by clicking on the sender's name/contact, but this no longer works. And has not for me for quite a while .I am using the Samsung email app, on a Galaxy S10+. This is true for all of my email accounts - AOL and outlook for work .

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me it works like this:

Beneath the sender name you can tap "Details". If you tap the sender name in the expanded view, next to "From", the address will pop up as well as some more actions.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Select and copy email address. A toast message should pop up saying email.gmail.com was copied to clipboard