Original topic:

Export Samsung Pass passwords to csv file

(Topic created: 11-25-2023 09:44 PM)
Jetster
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I use several different types of devices ranging from ios, windows, and even a bit of Linux. The universal way of transferring passwords is in the form of a CSV file. I notice that Samsung pass currently only exports passwords via spass files which are encrypted and only accessible via other samsung devices with samsung pass installed. I understand that exporting passwords as csv files are risky if not handled correctly but it shouldn't stop people from exporting the passwords.

I occasionally use 1Password and manually inputting the 240+ passwords from my samsung pass app would be very time consuming. A simple & traditional way of exporting the passwords via csv (spreadsheet) files would be great, even if it sacrifices some security. A simple pop-up mentioning the security risk would suffice. Thanks
2 Replies
Vodaholic
Constellation
Options

If you find a solution for this please share. It's very annoying that they don't offer a csv import/export option when so many other services do! 

0 Likes
Slapstar
Constellation
Options
It's because Samsung wants to push you to their other awful apps. I don't want Samsung Wallet installed when every time I use it the app tries to force me to make it default. This has 0 to do with protecting your files, and is the #1 reason I want to move to a new phone brand. Samsung apps are behind every other company and are consistently forced on users.