Original topic:

Feature Request: Unhappy with Bixby Changes

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 11:33 AM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey Samsung,

Can you please release an extensive article/video/infographic on what exactly Bixby can do nowadays? Because back in 2018, I feel like Bixby was a lot more helpful. Since then you seem to have reduced a lot of versatile capabilities that really set it apart from the competition. 
I appreciate that Bixby can still understand context. As well as being able to display results from apps/modules that don't have to be installed. But a lot of the other commands and capabilities have been removed for seemingly unknown reasons. 

What happened to:
-Being able to delete or share photos using my voice
-Being able to use Bixby Vision to point at an object and shop for it
-Being able to see stores and landmarks surrounding my location 

Most importantly! 

-Why can't we teach Bixby any more and correct its mistakes?!

Why not finally release a Galaxy/Bixby speaker or (since you're partnering with Google) get the Google/Nest speakers to respond to Bixby Wake up command? Then for IoTs devices, you could talk to your speaker in a given room and tell it to turn on the lights, or turn on the TV, etc. (Assuming that you may not carry your phone with you 100% of the time you're at home)

It's obviously probably too late (and I'm probably just reaching for a bit a nostalgia here) but why not bring back Samsung rewards points or some kind of points for using Bixby? As useful as Bixby is, the ability to earn points made it like a game. It made it more fun!

One last thing:
Can you make a change to Bixby Quick Commands so that she doesn't have to announce that she's completed a task, after each and every task in a list? (Admittedly it's been a while since I've used this feature since Bixby Routines was released, but if it hasn't been changed, it needs to)

Anyone that reads this, can you please comment with one of the following?

-You're favorite Bixby feature (Current or removed)
-You're most elaborate Bixby Quick Command
-You're most elaborate Bixby Routine

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
부활
Galaxy
Options
My favorite feature about Bixby so far is that it respects us enough to allow us to disable it permanently. No beef with Bixby just rather rely on my own moves then the assistance of the AI support. Like for example... When I used to use a Microsoft system without know how to permanently remove cortona without removing a important windows component needed to run device. Once finding the right way to disable really reflected that the personal choice to opt out shouldn't be so difficult to deactivate function. Happy Samsung has made it our own choice to use or not and that I couldn't be more thankful for. Love controlling no excess or unnecessary use of ram is consumed
Andytheman
Comet
Options
I swiped Bixby right off my screen. It was taking 1/3 of my screen and covering some apps. It's gone now and I don't miss it.
부활
Galaxy
Options
To be honest; Bixby is a polished product but Samsung is always onto the next for innovation. Already I'm More excited to Replace Bixby permanently with the Samsung NEON Artificial Human Project cooking up for our devices. Can't wait to be honest. 681858-samsung-neon-logo_1198.jpgneon-keynote-ces-2020-037_1204.jpgSamsung-neon-artificial-human_1200.png
DragonRule2000
Astronaut
Options
I love Bixby but I use it and google. Bixby is good for the serious stuff, but google can "blow up" my phone! I use Bixby for call when I'm biking, or in a car. I use Google when I want to laugh with my kids.
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Jess04 

"What happened to:

-Being able to delete or share photos using my voice
-Being able to use Bixby Vision to point at an object and shop for it
-Being able to see stores and landmarks surrounding my location "

Those all still work. You can find Bixby Vision in Camera -> More -> Bixby Vision. Bixby will show you stores and landmarks in your area using an appropriate module. I use Google Maps. 
Jess04
Comet
Options
The ability to see stores is no longer there and it isn't in settings. You may have an older version of Bixby Vision
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Jess04 

Say "Hey Bixby, show me the stores in my area." If you don't already have Google Maps set as your default, you will need to choose it. Once it is selected, when you say "Hey Bixby, show me the stores in my area" it will show you in Google Maps. 

Jess04
Comet
Options
That's not the same. I felt it was better with Bixby. You could open Bixby Vision, and with AR, look around you and see what's nearby. It felt more immersive.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes