cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Inspector
Cosmic Ray

Feedback Car Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can open my Bixby card page (short press) , but if long press I now get "can't open Bixby in car mode". Of course she won't respond to any commands. I uninstalled Car Mode, restarted and even rebooted, same result. I cleared the cache for all Bixby apps and same result. Any answers? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inspector
Cosmic Ray

Re: Feedback Car Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After completing all the steps outlined above, even clearing cache partition, I still got the same error message. However on a hunch, I reinstalled Samsung Car Mode, and Bixby once again works as usual. Go figure. Anyway problem is solved, but I have no idea how. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Inspector Do you know if you have any other vehicle focused apps that could be the cause of the concern? Could you try running the phone in safe mode, and seeing if Bixby opens then? ^Eric

Inspector
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had Drivemode installed, but I uninstalled that as well as Car Mode. I tried your idea of rebooting it to safe mode but same message : "Can't use Bixby in Car Mode". Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.  I'm really missing Bixby. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Inspector You are welcome. I know you said you cleared the cache for both Bixby applications. When you did that, did you also clear the data from those apps as well?

Inspector
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, both cache and data. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Inspector I see, thank you for clarifying. Could you clear the cache partition on your device, just to make sure there isn't any leftover cached data from those car apps left?

Inspector
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your help again. I don't know how to clear the cache partition on my s8+. Could you please clarify? 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Inspector Certainly, you can clear the cache partition of your device by following these steps: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. Factory data reset is also listed on that menu, and if you choose that it will erase the info you have on your phone.

Inspector
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, thanks. I'll try that when I get home from work just in case I do something stupid and accidentally reset my phone. 

Inspector
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi again. That didn't work for me. Perhaps because it's a Verizon phone?