cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Find My Mobile - "Location Tracking Turned On" Notification Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the find my mobile services turned on to utilise the app in the event I lose or have my phone stolen, what I don't need is to be reminded with a notification every so often (interval is irrelevent) that "Location tracking turned on". 

Is there a way to suppress this notification? I have tried swiping right and changing the settings in the gear and bell icon but did not resolve. My next option is to disable the service altogether which is not ideal. Any ideas?notification screenshot.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Find My Mobile - "Location Tracking Turned On" Notification Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed it by logging onto the Find My Mobile website and click on the tracking icon and clicking "Stop". 

I confirmed with Samsung support this still allows you to track your phone after it just stops sending the notification.

Let me know how you go. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a try: go to settings >apps > find my mobile, and turn off notifications and always appear on top

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

on top.jpg
dont show notifi.jpg

Hey mate, thanks for the reply, I have tried this before with no success. See screenshots above for current settings. Note that whilst I have disabled notifications in the find my mobile settings the previous page always says "Allowed" for notifications. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to select where it says "Allowed" and turn off the notifications there. Also, where it says Appear on Top, select there and turn that off as well.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find a solution that worked? I am having the same issue since yesterday's mysterious find my phone error messages were sent out to Samsung users. Every 10 minutes I am receiving a 'Location Tracker Turned On notification from Find my mobile. When I try to disable it it says 'these notifications can not be turned off. ' This is really annoying. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed it by logging onto the Find My Mobile website and click on the tracking icon and clicking "Stop". 

I confirmed with Samsung support this still allows you to track your phone after it just stops sending the notification.

Let me know how you go. Smiley Happy 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This does not work. Ive logged into the website as you say, and the location tracking was not even on. Also tried all the suggestions in this post to stop notifications and badges etc. The notification keeps showing up. Ive even tried to stop the app

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not OP but was having the same issue. Tried your suggestion and it just says "stopping tracking" but never stops.. I don't supposed you'd know of an alternative method...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure why it is not working for other users. But I have attached what my settings in Find my Mobile look like. I can still track my phone but that pesky notification does not come through anymore. Let me know if yours looks like this and still sends the notification every 15 minutes.

phone gps settings.jpgchrome_DSbvefOcoX.png

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi userpwgZ36eGD3

Go to mobile ''Settings'' - ''Apps'' - on Apps page do two things:

1. From unfoldable menu located close to the left corner of the screen choose ''All''

2. Click three vertical dots in the top right corner and choose ''Show system apps'' - ''Find My Mobile'' - ''Notifications'' - ''Find My Mobile''  ( it looks like being disabled but click it regardless ) - then, in the window that shows, do two things:

1. disable ''Minimise notification '',

2. click the option ''Silent''

Now, ...  enjoy the lack of notifications

Take care! =)

Anna Sunshine Da Vinci