cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Flow Error "You may not have the appropriate permissions to access Samsung Flow folder 0x80070005"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

New Flow install, all connected between Samsunbg S9+ and Lenovo X1 Yoga, works for sms messages.. Photos and pdfs start the transfer then on PC above popup appears. If you click OK the message says "Transfer failed". The files appear in the folder with but as "0 KB" size. In windows 10 the folowing has been checked:

1. User had admin rights to that folder including security permission 'Full Control'

2. the folder have MS  In Settings, Privacy, app access is set to 'On'

3. Antivirus temporarily off.

The .jpeg and pdf files are OK and can be opended on PC if sent by email. In  App seeting for Flow 'advanced' there are no options for access.
Anyone any ideas? Thx!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Flow Error "You may not have the appropriate permissions to access Samsung Flow folder 0x80

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED! Thx for MS Support Chat pointing me to this fix: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Mobile-Apps-Services/Error-when-sending-files-from-phone-to-PC-u...

Go to the Samsung Flow setting on your computer. Change the the "Downloads Folder" directory to "My Documents," create a new folder and name it. You should not see the error message. It worked for me.

View solution in original post

Question: Can Samsung or MS fix the cause?...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Flow Error "You may not have the appropriate permissions to access Samsung Flow folder 0x80

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED! Thx for MS Support Chat pointing me to this fix: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Mobile-Apps-Services/Error-when-sending-files-from-phone-to-PC-u...

Go to the Samsung Flow setting on your computer. Change the the "Downloads Folder" directory to "My Documents," create a new folder and name it. You should not see the error message. It worked for me.

Question: Can Samsung or MS fix the cause?...