JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxys22ultra samsung pass not working?

(Topic created: 03-08-2022 09:34 AM)
HelloSparkles
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, I just got the S22 ultra yesterday  and I'm in the process of setting all my stuff up.  Including  samsung  pass. 

The first  problem  is its not even in my app drawer.  I have to search it on the app store  just to find it. It says installed but that and the search bar are the only way  I can find it.

The second  is when I go to sign in I can get all the way to the screen to verify  my finger  print and it tells me try again later can't verify.

I've already set up my security  setting and biometrics on the phone setting itself so I'm not sure what I'm missing .

I've done the clear cache and date restarted my phone. Turned off and on. Still nothing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
HelloSparkles
Constellation
Options
I actually got it to work by turning my wifi off. Weird but hey it's actually working now lol still don't have app with out searching for it but I was mostly concerned with it not working at all🙂

View solution in context

10 Replies
Prophet2k9
Astronaut
Options
Try looking for the app 8nside the Samsung folder and not just the app drawer. In my case, when I setup I had to use cell signal and not wifi the first time. Not sure if couldn't authenticate via wifi.
HelloSparkles
Constellation
Options
Thank you! I still can't find it without searching for it BUT turning off my wifi I was finally able to get in.
It's still not showing up in folder or the apps. That's okay on that's part mostly I just want kt to let me in lol
Thank you again!!
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options

try logging out/in from samsung account, I think the phone is having issue connecting to the server.

please update how it goes 🙂

Solution
HelloSparkles
Constellation
Options
I actually got it to work by turning my wifi off. Weird but hey it's actually working now lol still don't have app with out searching for it but I was mostly concerned with it not working at all🙂
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options

are you able to add the app to home screen by holding the icon after searching? 😕

I keep all my samsung related apps in a single folder on home

strange that wifi on/off fixed the issue... maybe it was just having a bad connection 

HelloSparkles
Constellation
Options
No I can only go to the info of the app . I thought the same thing that maybe I could hold it down and drag it to the home screen or do the locate app. But neither worked.
I too would do the same of keeping it all in one folder for easier access.
I agree it is Strange but our connection issue here have been weird since I have Verizon and they have been having issues I chopped it up to that.
0 Likes
Members_h8t0F57
Astronaut
Options

wow ... same. Worked once I turned off WiFi ... thanks for posting ...

0 Likes
userS64NWUMegH
Astronaut
Options
I tried all the above except a hard reset and adding an extra app to fix not being able to use Samsung pass. I found when I finally turned off my wifi and signed into Samsung pass, it actually worked. It actually began to run down the list of apps and websites I have tried using my fingerprint in previously. They are all working properly now even with my wifi on. Thank you for your help.
userNl8cspavj1
Constellation
Options

setting up my s22 ultra today, 5/8/22, and have had the same issue, disabled wifi, and it worked, enable wifi and it's working still. thanks for this post.