Original topic:

Gallery Tag Issues

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 12:03 AM)
Maxturbo101
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hi! I am having issues with the Tags within the Samsung Gallery App!

Previously, over a year ago, I was able to use special characters in my tags, such as spaces, numbers, and unique characters like question marks and colons. Now, however, I am unable to use these.

My job requires me to work with online artists that have special characters in their names. I'd like to be able to tag these with other specific tags for organization. 

Is there anyway to change the tag settings somehow?
9 Replies
bkmelas
Comet
Options
I don't think so. You have to do that manually or if you are developer create your own script
Maxturbo101
Astronaut
Options
Do that manually? How would I do it manually?
0 Likes
bkmelas
Comet
Options
Renaming the file name if it comes with special characters or removing the tag (download the photo in your computer with photo editor you can change or remove the tag) or adding a tag with letters and numbers.
Or download bixby studio and develop your own function to do that.
0 Likes
Maxturbo101
Astronaut
Options
Unfortunately I still don't know how to do it. Whenever I try to add a special character, so like "artist13!5l), it doesnt allow the "!" Because it says I cannot use that character in tag. Nowhere in settings can I change that. I could do it a year ago, but not anymore sadly
0 Likes
Maxturbo101
Astronaut
Options
I've posted something like this before, but still having trouble with it.

I have old tags that have spaces in them, or special characters, such as things like "dog - Shiba Inu", that uses the "-" character and spaces. I can no longer do that in tags, as it acts like Hastags where I'd have to type it in as "DogShibaInu" in order to do something similar. 

Is there a way to change these tag settings so I can use spaces and special characters again? I don't like the tag system as it is but don't know if I can change it or not!
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Maybe with a 2rd party gallery app?
Maxturbo101
Astronaut
Options
Which would you reccomend to try?
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
I know Google photos will let you add a description with spaces, but nit sure if that'd be the same as tags.
0 Likes
Maxturbo101
Astronaut
Options
I don't think it would be. I wish gallery hadn't updated to change it to a hashtag way of tags. I wish I could change it's setting or revert updates to it
0 Likes