Original topic:

Gallery and Samsung camera

(Topic created on: 1/30/21 10:12 PM)
S20struggle
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I would like to set my default photo gallery as google photos and have the ability to view the photo in google photos when clicking the captured photo in the Samsung camera app.
Is this possible?
0 Likes
4 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options

Yes, you can use Google Photos automatically as your photo browser... you don't have to open Samsung Gallery... it may be useful to have/use both...  

As soon as you take a pic, it shows up on your phone app of Google Photos;  it's only uploaded according to your data preferences (wifi vs data);  So, while it shows up instantly in Google Photos on your phone, it may not actually be on the cloud until a bit later.

Samsung gallery makes it easy to tag photos, but it did away with renaming pics;  Google Photos doesn't have this ability either;  you can of course put pics into your albums either directy on your phone or from your internet access to Google Photos which is great for organizing your pics.

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you.  - Thanks!

0 Likes
S20struggle
Astronaut
Options
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I don't think I was clear enough with my question. I'm not the least bit interested in Samsung gallery. I've been using Google photos for quite some time now.
I would like to access google photos through Samsung camera app. After taking a picture with the camera app on the S20 the small thumbnail of that picture appears in the bottom left of the camera app screen. The default is of course the native Samsung gallery app. If you have steps to make this possible, please let me know. Thanks.
0 Likes
DGM
Sun
Options

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I don't know of a way to eliminate the thumbnail pics in Gallery... One very cool thing to use in Gallery, although this may be of no interest to you is opening the edit menu, (pencil) , then going to filters (3 overlapping circles);  there are about 20 filters that are able to be applied very quickly:  sometimes the change is very nice;  of course one doesn't have to use those at all.

Good luck with your pics!

0 Likes
S20struggle
Astronaut
Options
Not looking to eliminate the thumbnail, just would like the thumbnail to open in google photos as the default.
0 Likes