JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Give option to block Emails from texting

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 08:31 PM)
Bmorelikeme
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Please make a Samsung update where I can block emails from sending me text messages. They trying to scam me. They are trying to get me to click a link. My phone won't give me the option to  block this email. They created a group text trying to get people to click on a hazardous link. Please fix !!! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I understand how frustrating this is. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bmorelikeme
Constellation
Options
Please Samsung fix this issue :warning::warning::warning::warning:
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I understand how frustrating this is. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
ANick
Astronaut
Options
I thought I was the only person wishing Samsung would do something about this. Every weekend like clockwork I get some text sent from an email address. This is not only annoying I feel violated because I can't make it stop.
StimmyPizza
Galaxy
Options
If you go into the messages app and tap the 3 dots at the top right> Settings > Block Numbers and Messages > Caller ID and spam protection and turn it on.

Alternatively just get thr Truecaller app, it filters spam and warns you if others have marked it as spam, and has a built in report numbers and links feature, and allows you to block numbers individually.
0 Likes