Original topic:

Gmail On Samsung Account Disabled Can't Access

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 02:34 PM)
BryanLolWsp
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Trying To Change The Gmail To My Samsung Account But It Is Disabled So I Can't Get The Verification Code To Chnage It What Can I do?
8 Replies
Options
Your Gmail is disabled right?

There's multiple ways of receiving verification codes

If you have another email or another device like a tablet or another phone. Just make sure the other device is logged into Google or has a mobile or wifi connection
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Comet forgive me. I hit REPORT by accident on your comment. Sorry!
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Samsung messages and Google (Gmail) messages are different. Samsung has its own email client. A guy emailed me from his Samsung email address and it was different. I use Google. Can Samsung receive Gmail messages.? I'm thinking they should be able to. Do you think Gmail only works from a Google account? Has anyone gotten Gmail in their Samsung inboxes? Has Samsung disabled your Google email? Maybe Comet has an answer.
0 Likes
Options
So what he's trying to do is change the email in which he receives notifications from samsung. Like Samsung news or POSTS from Samsung Members. Sent to his Gmail account Associated with his Samsung Account.

No problem about the reporting.(we all good)

I think BryanLolWsp is saying his Gmail account is locked.

So he can't access his emails from Gmail to get access codes.

If so he's gonna have to use the Recovery option to recover his Gmail account. Which can be lengthy.

Or he can use the other options as I stated in my earlier remark
0 Likes
Options
To recover your account they Ask you verify a push Notification sent to another device or email or text message to verify your identity
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
There are the 3 recovery options in Google but I don't know if they can be used for email. There for if you forget your Google account password. One is using a different email address. The second one is what type of phone are you on ( the model number and name) the third is your phone number but they are used to recover your Google account and it all has to be put in ahead of time as your putting in your security information. I would be surprised if it worked for Gmail but I thought I read you can get your Gmail address from any 3. Did he give Samsung messages his Gmail messages address and set up Samsung to send it's mail and news to Gmail?
0 Likes
Options
He gave Samsung Authorization to send Notifications to his Gmail Account. All my notifications from Samsung is sent to my Microsoft account. He's not trying to access his Samsung messages. He's trying to change the email address that's associated with his Entirely Samsung Account not just messages.

But you are right. If hes locked out of his Gmail account. He is also locked out of his Google Account.

And the only option of recovering his Gmail is to reset his Google account password or answer security questions.

Or verifying his identity by other devices to regain account recovery
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
His other option is to cancel his Google account (if he can get in) and start fresh. He will need a new email address as that's how they let you in. It's permanent. He can't change it but he has to make it his priority email address.
0 Likes