Original topic:

Half Dark Screen on UN40NU607DFX

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 08:07 PM)
userXCYkR5zzWQ
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I bought my TV on 4/26/19. Today I went out and shut down the subject TV,  which was working perfectly. When I returned half of the screen was black. I tried all the normal things to do with no success. It now magically has returned some of the brightness on the bad side.= so it's probably a loose internal cable for the side that was dark.

I called Samsung Support and got an offsite rep who could barely speak English. He was no help at all! I called back and got another offsite rep who was as bad as the first one. After repeating my problem several times and complaining about the fact that he needed all my info again that I gave to the first guy. He talked to his Mgr.  finally agreed to a courtesy parts and labor repair. He stated he would e-mail me at my e-mail address (which they already had and I repeated phonetically twice) I got no e-mail. He said there was a Service Center in Santa Fe Springs (phone 877-412-1665) and if I called them and gave them the reference number I could get the repair.The phone number is some non Samsung repair place. Naturally when I called the number there is no way to talk to anyone.I have read 100's of reports from others with the same problem faulty T-con board or FPC cables.

I think Samsung should get American support and replace these faulty parts or recall the TV's. I saw one video where a guy replaced one of the LED strips for $22. The LED's are connected in series like the old fashioned Xmas lights which is stupid!

I'm calling Samsung TV in N>J Monday. No wore Samsung products for me! Bob.

0 Likes
0 Replies