Original topic:

Handwriting Candidates

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 02:47 PM)
420bunny
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Can u pls tell me in layman's terms brief & to the point what the diff between the handwriting option we can set to either:
 - predictive candidates OR
 - recognition candidates 

And why u recommend the setting u indicate as ur preferred setting?

Appreciate the help! Happy day to u all!!!✌️ 
0 Likes
2 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options

I don't have those options, as I assume they are part of the update which I don't have.  However, predictive text (handwriting) will try to glean what you are trying to say and continue writing the words ahead of your pen/typing.  Recognition, means you can write away and the AI will do its best to recognize the letters you form.  Given the choice, I would probably start out using recognition, because I find it really annoying to see the rest of my word written out before I get to it. Keeping it would depend on how often it got it right.  Luckily, no one is stuck with either as a permanent choice.  So, I guess you will have to try them both and see which one you like.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@420bunny An internet search turned up a discussion on Reddit about this 4 years ago. One of the posters found this Google patent abstract -> https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2012159243A1/en

I've read it a few times and still the difference isn't obvious to me. But it looks like prediction candidate is based on and tied to a recognition candidate. 

0 Likes