Original topic:

Help

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 02:57 PM)
naynay927
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hi im trying to clear my cathes on my apps. I hit the clear cathes at the bottom. I go to another app. I do them same when I go back to check the app I just cleared the xathes are still on there. I have a Samsung phone. Please help... thank u in advance
3 Replies
henfredemars
Astronaut
Options
You may not be able to clear the caches of all apps anymore. The cache is regenerated when the app is used, and some apps automatically launch or are used by other apps. For example, clearing the caches of my email client doesn't do anything because as soon as I do, it goes back to checking for email.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@naynay927 

After you clear the cache, if the app is running it will create a new cache. The main reason for clearing a cache is to get rid of possibly correct data in an old cache. When the app recreates the cache it shouldn't have the same issue. 

Apps will pretty much always have caches so that they can load as fast as possible and respond as fast as you need. 

0 Likes
Options
There's two ways of clearing an app. A soft clean a deep clean.

Push on the app to it brings up a a menu. Click on the i at the top right corner in the pop up. It'll bring up app info. Click on storage and either choose soft clean or deep clean.

A deep clean rests your app as if you uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Not recommend if you want to loose all saved data. A soft clean just cleans it for the moment.

Another thing would to be is put the app to sleep