cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXQPbiuY19d
Constellation

Hi Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby voice wake up is not working AT ALL. I've tried clearing all the bixby apps and starting over. I've tried turning off ok Google and redoing bixby. Nothing is working. I just keep saying 'Hi bixby' to my phone while it does nothing. Help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Hi Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about this, @userXQPbiuY19d. Let's see if we can get this to perform better for you.

Would you mind attempting to run the enhanced voice recognition?

You can find this in Bixby Home > Settings > Enhanced Voice Recognition, this will be the best possible way to retrain this voice detection.

Please let us know if that helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about this, @userXQPbiuY19d. Let's see if we can get this to perform better for you.

Would you mind attempting to run the enhanced voice recognition?

You can find this in Bixby Home > Settings > Enhanced Voice Recognition, this will be the best possible way to retrain this voice detection.

Please let us know if that helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userXQPbiuY19d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I kept doing more and more voice recognition recordings and it finally started working. 

Pooch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4 months later and still no fix for this issue.Man Frustrated

CauZion
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a Samsung S10+ and "Hi Bixby" isn't working. 

I've tried all your suggestions.

What is WEIRD,  and can give you some insight, is that it works perfectly IF I have any app open. I'd all apps are closed,  Hi Bixby won't work.  

But if I have ANY app open, the always listening on Bixby is activated. Any of my hundred apps must be opened and active on screen. If it's not active, it won't work either. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userL9l6FQbVt4 Have you test Hi Bixby with your device in safe mode to see if it's potentially a third-party app interfering with the software?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userG6r0jzPmsd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Under Bixby Home > Settings, no Enhanced Voice Recognition option can be found.  Please help out.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to increase your voice activation's reliability.

I hope you are able to find a solution to this, if you need any other assistance, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Pooch
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fix doesn't work.

S9+

Oreo

T-Mobile

I can see bixby trying to open in first voice command but something seems to be closing it out.

I have cleared cash

Place phone in safe mode - same issue

Factory reset

Went to a IfixUbreak to have them reload the phone- same issue

Device is up to date.

Using the bixby button everything works, just not the voice wake up.

Another funny thing is after clearing the caches it works once then goes back to the same issue, sometimes clearing the cache works sometimes not.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Samsung. There is a subroutine in the OS that prevents bixby from responding to voice.  Heck I can't even get it to repsond to the enhanced pronunciation questions at all. Wish I could roll back to before oreo as everything worked!!