Original topic:

How I do TV......." Samsung TV plus "

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 09:35 AM)
Carterg
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
With the rising cost of cable TV services and the growth of streaming services I decided it was time to embrace the evolution of entertainment. 

I first started by asking the wife to ( without myself and the kids knowledge) cut off all cable services and increase our internet so we could see how much we were using the cable services and to our surprise we didn't notice for over four and half months. We took the following month and a half to analyze how we actually watch TV. 

My findings, other than watching the local channels for current news, we streamed everything else. Services like Netflix, Google TV, Amazon prime, showtime go and HBOMaX Go were the streaming app we used the most.

While trying to find what services will work for us as a family I came across samsung TV plus and the best part it was free. So I decided to use it as the baseline when I found out it was also available on samsung smart Tv's. (Real reason wink wink it was an excuse to upgrade all our TV's )

My current setup, Samsung TV plus free service as our baseline, Netflix as our primary movie service, Amazon prime ( because it came with the prime membership) Google for on demand movies and our local channels apps for local news.

Other than the initial cost to purchase all new samsung smart Tv's with samsung TV plus feature, making this change is saving $250 plus a month.

We now only pay for the fastest internet service, we no longer have a home phone line ( we all have cellphones) and no more equipment rental charges ( cable boxes , phone modem etc ).

We are living in awesome times.... cheers 

3 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
I hope you get your news from other sources otherwise you are being fed lies
Carterg
Comet
Options
Real talk......
0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
I like TV Plus we cut cable a few years ago.