Hello, Samsung+ Community!
It's Acrillix here bringing you a guide on how to resolve the Bixby Briefing setting in the Alarm app.
What is Bixby Briefing?: Bixby Briefing is actually really cool and I've been using it for awhile now. What it does is when the alarm rings, it plays some nice gentle music and Bixby starts telling you the time, the weather, and some recent news (Powered by Google).
How Do I Turn on Bixby Briefing?: You can do this two ways...
Setting it up from the Alarm App -
- Go to the Alarm App
- Set an alarm
- Turn on Bixby Briefing
- Note that you cannot have custom music at the same time! It's one or the other.
- Save the Alarm
Setting it up with Bixby -
- Hold the Bixby Button or say "Hi Bixby!"
- Command Bixby: "Set an alarm for 8 am (or the time you want it)" | Or use a Custom Command like me: "Good Night" (this sets the alarm for 8 am, turns on blue light filter, and turns on Do Not Disturb)
- Bixby will automatically set the alarm and turn on Bixby Briefing for you.
What if Bixby doesn't read it aloud?: If your alarm goes off tomorrow (or you can test it by setting it for one minute ahead) and it doesn't work (this happened to me) then follow these steps:
- Go to Galaxy Apps and ensure all apps are up to date
- Go to Settings > Software Updates and ensure you are up to date
- Go to Bixby (press Bixby Button or slide left) and tap the three dots at the top right > then tap Settings > About Bixby. Ensure you are up to date
- After you make sure everything is up to date, go to Bixby again and tap on the Bixby logo at the top and then the furthest left icon next to History, then tap on Quick Commands and delete your Custom Command for Bixby to set your alarm. After deleting it, close all Apps and restart the device. Then setup that quick command again and test it.
Hope this helps!
Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
Solved! Go to Solution.
!!!!!!YOUR SUGGESTION WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Yes everyone, you have to go to the Galaxy App and download The Weather Channel App. NOT the Play Store!
Uninstall The Weather Channel App if you downloaded it from the Play Store.
For it to work at all for me I had to get "The Weather Channel for Samsung" app from galaxy apps store and I uninstalled the regular weather channel app then the briefing started to work. Hopefully that helps you because I have to say the sound of the briefing without the briefing is garbage for an alarm. It never worked for me at all until I did this. But now it seems to be working.
I' having real trouble with this. Bixby read the news for me once on my alarm and that was it.
Ive updated everything I think but still nothing . I' running a note 8
I guess Samsung just isn't going to fix this at all. What's the point of these constant updates when it just cripples a feature to the point of non-existance?
Bixby Briefing now only has the text that it will read out the time and weather, no news. Also, it DOESN'T read out the time and weather, only the time. What a dissapointment.
That's strange, @usery5rIvw7HJ6, it seems to be working on our lab devices just fine. Do you have any additional apps disabled?
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.