cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlG7eIcoRmE
Constellation

Re: How To Fix "Bixby Briefing" That Is Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These samsung ppl never help solve the problems ever .they don't even know how to .don't waste ur time .

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

Hey, @zolimar, that does seem like some irritating behavior. Would you mind going to Settings > Apps > Clock > Storage and tap "Clear Data"?

This should clear out any information that may be preventing Bixby Briefing from being triggered. Please be advised that this will disable all active alarms.

Nickie A
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. If I delete the alarm and readd it daily I get the weather. I had the news once but never again.

user0H1tNuj6LL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I ask Bixby for the news, I get an error message saying that the app News Today no longer exists. Maybe that's why...

userii9cbrIXDm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine only works if I set a new alarm every time and wont play again after I hit snooze or if I use the same alarm more than once in a row. I have nothing disabled or anything downloaded I really don't understand and would like to just program my alarms in advance.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning Community, would anyone be able to help?

usersusNXF7Wf5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with the bixby alarm. This is a continuing problem that I have with my Note 8 and is also prevelant on my new S9+.  The alarm itself works fine, but only plays the "breezy" ringtone, at the specified times but it doesn't read the weather or news on any consistent basis. I have tried all the suggestions about updating the apps and clearing the cache.  On rare occasions it seems to work for one alarm but then fails on the next one. 

Does bixby poll the news and weather from a particular app or does it pull down the info directly from the internet? Maybe there is a setting within these apps that need to be set. 

I know it has already been said but it is frustrating to have this feature but not be able to use it.

usersusNXF7Wf5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, so I posted a question about bixby alarm not working and asking for a solution.

Does Samsung monitor these forums? If so why no response from them?

Has anyone else been able to find a solution?

userii9cbrIXDm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still having the same problem I've always had. I thought they had admins from the company but I'm not getting any advice that's useful. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userii9cbrIXDm: Can I get the full model number of your device?

usersusNXF7Wf5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My device was purchased last month directly from Samsung.

Model number is: SM-G965U1.