JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I delete non-federal calendar holidays?

(Topic created: 06-08-2021 02:04 PM)
Geno1775
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Can someone tell me how I can delete non federal holidays on the calendar like Pride Month and Juneteenth?

9 Replies
requa
Comet
Options
Are the holidays directly on Samsung Calendar, or is Samsung pulling them from Google Calendar? I may be able to help if the latter.

Dan
Galaxy S21 SM-G991U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
You can't. Just like Google calendar you must celebrate the holidays they want you to. Personally, I think we should be able to add or remove whatever holiday we want. It's supposed to be OUR calendar right?
0 Likes
Solution
requa
Comet
Options

You are certainly free to create your own holidays calendar. Calendar lists are a convenience. I don't know if there are services that provide customizable lists, but it is possible to modify Google Calendar to show Public Holidays rather than Public and Other Holidays in Settings. For me, this change in Google Calendar also applied to Samsung Calendar, since Google was the source of my holidays in that app. 

Dan

View solution in context

0 Likes
Geno1775
Astronaut
Options
That did it. Thank you very much!
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
What I meant was you cannot edit their pre-made lists. You can always turn their lists off and set your own holidays to repeat once per year AFAIK.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options

True, and I do wish there were more flexibility. But the question in this thread was specifically about turning off all but federal holidays, so at least there is that option. 

Dan
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
When I turned off holidays on Google it turned off lgbtq month and juneteenth as well so they appear to be federal holidays now. I don't have public holidays and other holidays like you mentioned. I simply have holidays.
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Requa your talking about creating your own holiday. We're talking about deleting holidays put there by Google in my case
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options

I evidently was vague. I'm not talking about creating holidays, I'm talking about changing the setting in Google Calendar defining the scope of holidays. In the Google Calendar app on my S9, I clicked the three-line menu then Settings. At the bottom I clicked Holidays. I then clicked United States. That showed me the option I'm referring to for selecting Public and Other Holidays or Public Holidays Only. Since the latter option does not show these additional dates, I would not agree that google is defining them as federal holidays -- rather, it is specifically identifying them as Other Holidays. 

Dan
0 Likes