JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I easily TRANSFER email SETTINGS such as SERVER settings, USERNAMES, PASSWORDS, etc,for email

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 06:44 PM)
userp0ItRBRu6h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 edge plus. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G. I have all my email settings in Microsoft Outlook for Android. I will install Microsoft Outlook for Android on the new phone. I want to backup and restore or transfer all these email SETTINGS such as server settings, usernames, passwords from Outlook for Android on the one phone into Outlook for Android on the next phone, rather than go through the process of setting up email in Outlook for Android on the new phone manually. And I would otherwise have to do it manually. Although the one email account is on Gmail, the other two are on my own domains, hosted by SiteGround. So, rather than auto-configure these email accounts on the new device, I would have to set them up manually if there is no way to transfer or backup and move these settings from one phone to the next.

Is there a way to do what I describe? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
The only way I can think is Smart transfer.
0 Likes
Solution
Zapwonder
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
Smart switch can do this. But it has to be installed on both devices.
PaulFil
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Smart Switch interface has changed over the years.  It used to be an explicit option to backup and restore emails account settings.  In the latest versions I was unable to find it.

If somebody could help locate the option, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes