Original topic:

How do you request a bootloader unlock/root, if it is possible?

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 11:35 AM)
C96Astral
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello to everyone that reads this post.

I have two Galaxy A10e devices, one under Tracfone (Verizon) and one under Sprint/T-Mobile.

The Tracfone one is a SM-S102DL, and the Sprint one is a SM-A102U. 

I'm going to move to an A13 5G to upgrade both of these devices soon, and am wondering if it's possible to request this? I'd like to try and experiment with custom ROMs or Linux distros with these devices once the service goes to the A13 5G devices. I know the full risk of potential bootloops, bricking the devices, and generally messing up the stability and security of them, and they would no longer be main phones then.

If this is possible, where would I?

8 Replies
JVN1005
Constellation
Options
AFAIK you can't unlock the bootloader on Samsung devices in the US, but I would love to be wrong.
0 Likes
C96Astral
Asteroid
Options

Ah, that's a shame. I'll hold out on the thread to see if anyone has anything saying otherwise, but if not, oh well

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Post at one of the bootloader websites - the forums here are for Samsung devices running official designated OSes
0 Likes
C96Astral
Asteroid
Options

The phones are currently on stock Android, as of current they are on their official Android operating systems.

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Stating the OS that's on there now is avoiding your ultimate goal and what you want recommendations on.

As I stated, root / unlock is not subject discussed.

It's also not recommended trying to do rooting steps based off other members, as there's a chance of the information being incorrect, you will probably end up with a botched device

We can ask a mod what they think
0 Likes
C96Astral
Asteroid
Options

Miscommunication on my part, the intention was to tell you it wasn't running anything custom at the moment, as I assumed you thought it did. The question here is also pre-custom OS.

On the mod suggestion, is there a way to contact one?

0 Likes
Jnewell05
Galaxy
Options
In general, you cannot unlock the bootloader. Although some 2021 devices, as long as you didn't update the phone at all since you've received it, you can pay to unlock the bootloader. I've got a galaxy s21 with an unlocked bootloader. Had to buy the 22 though cause I couldn't use company email. If you'd like custom rooms etc I'd seek one plus or pixel phones.
0 Likes
C96Astral
Asteroid
Options

I believe the Sprint phone is from 2019-2020, and the Tracfone from 2021. I'll search on this to see if I can give it a shot.

As for OnePlus or Pixel, I do wish to seek one out specifically for this purpose, just wondered if I could do the same for now with what I had.

0 Likes