cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: How does Samsung Health measure calories burned per activity?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My experience suggests the calorie count for "running" seems the most accurate/least inaccurate. The further you get away from a standard exercise such a running or cycling the more inaccurate the calorie count appears to be. My suggestion would be to use the running workout for everything but set it so that it doesn't pause the work out when you aren't moving, you should then get a vaguely accurate time/hr/calorie calculation.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not even accurate when running. Once this watch has had its day I do not intend to buy another Samsung fitness tracker / smart anything (one was a replacement for a broken one). 

The only thing smart about this watch is those who choose not to buy it 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm showing 493 calories with no activity! Can't figure out how to reset that.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: How does Samsung Health measure calories burned per activity?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It might be showing you how many calories you've burned today. It uses your BMR and time to estimate. For instance, if you're a 40-year-old man who is 5'8" and weighs 160 lbs, your BMR is estimated to be 1483kcal/day (24 hrs). it starts at midnight, so this man would have burned 493kcal by 08:00am just by existing. At midnight he will have been estimated to burn the full 1483, and it starts over. Any activity you do gets added onto those calories.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i do not understand how calories burned works. Their are two listed.