Original topic:

How to stop Bixby from opening?

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 01:27 PM)
NoBixbyPlease
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Recently this app continuously pops up on my phone at the worst possible moments. It feels like my phone has been hijacked. Many times it's while I'm driving or trying to take care of something else, and it makes it more dangerous & cumbersome to do what I want with my device. I use Google services, and have no use for this app, but it keeps forcing itself front and center. I'm ready to get rid of my Samsung phone as a result, and never buy another one. I've tried disabling, deleting, forced stopping it.. I don't know what to do?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
I would dis able the app
From setting > Apps > scroll down to Bixby > then tap force stop
0 Likes
NoBixbyPlease
Astronaut
Options
I have disabled it. I like the Samsung hardware, but this constant uninvited intrusion is really turning me off to ever getting another phone from them. Screenshot_20211027-162932_Settings.jpg
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Force stop will not disable the app, simply closes the app, but it will run again when prompted.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
I suggest going to YouTube and search, 'how to stop bixby'.
0 Likes
Davies677
Astronaut
Options
Gonna have to root it from your phone, it seems like they never want to fix any of these bugs, plauged my phone driving me to the brink of insanity calling random people, deleting stuff off my calendar, causing apps to go haywire.