JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I AM USING my Samsung Galaxy J7 Star (2018) I don't have a credit card or money

(Topic created: 10-31-2020 03:40 PM)
rem69
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Google  said  my phone is a pixel phone and wants me to pay something? I can't at the moment. 
10 Replies
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Pixel phones don't require you to pay for anything unless you make in-app purchases. If you're constantly seeing a "pay now" pop-up, then you most likely have some malware software on your phone. Sorry for the bad news =(
0 Likes
rem69
Astronaut
Options
I don't owe them anything. The only problem I have is since 2014 I have a hacker who was in everything and I thought she was gone but has been sending me messages through the used words.
0 Likes
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Ahh, that makes sense.

What you can try doing initially is removing any apps that you no longer use or need. Since we're on Android, you can unfortunately sometimes get malware loaded apps loaded onto the PlayStore. So deleting a bunch of unnecessary apps might get rid of this problem. Otherwise, you might have to resort to a factory reset (wiping your phone clear of all data and setting it all up again).

*Edit* - Also, thank you for selecting my answer for the checkmark award! I always like to give people helpful information, but you're the first person to say thank you! So I'm sending you a "thank you" right back!
rem69
Astronaut
Options
I don't really use a lot of apps. I only have apps that I use installed and I probably had 1 factory reset on this phone. I check my settings slot only because I was used to getting on my phone and I could tell someone was in everything like I had to clean up after her. I'm back to doing this. She was a partner that was supposed to update my phone. She washed doing it so I was going to try but I knew who she was from my husband's Facebook account
0 Likes
Tec9sForJesus
Galaxy
Options
Gotcha. Do you know what version of Android you currently have installed? If you go into "Settings" --> "About Phone" --> "Software information" then it should list both the Android version and the Build Number.

*Edit* - If you're not on the latest version of software available, then you could always check for updates and download/install the latest update once you're on a WiFi connection.
0 Likes
rem69
Astronaut
Options
I will check and be right back with you. I did an update when it was last needed. I check every time I do settings and it says I'm up to date.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Does the issue occur when the device is placed into safe mode?

If not, you may have a third party downloaded application causing your issue and I would recommend deleting recently download applications until the symptom does not occur.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
rem69
Astronaut
Options
I will try this. I bought a new phone last month but I like my J7 and wanted to have a new phone just in case something happened to my phone. Now she is back in everything and she knows I have a new phone but nothing more. She knows I bought my Grand Daughter a new phone as well. She sent my husband a text message a night ago and I asked him what she said and he said he didn't read it. I was going to delete a message I thought I received from him but I looked at it and she sent him her email address.
0 Likes
rem69
Astronaut
Options
I have been telling Google and Samsung about this person. She takes everything from me. She turned my headlights off at 3 :45AM.
Then a couple years later (2017) she turned off my car USING something called a DASHBOARD. I needed a code in order to be able to start my car again. I wasn't able to use the code when it was sent to me a couple weeks later because my husband made sure he took my battery out even though nothing was wrong with anything on my car. He paid $26000.00 cashier's check and I ordered my car on my laptop and it was delivered to the dealership close to me. I know my husband was involved because he is the reason she is bothering me.
0 Likes