JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I need Name change in member app

(Topic created: 10-11-2019 07:54 PM)
QMart
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I can change my nickname,  but why can't I change my actual name in the samsung members app? All my other apps are correct except this one. 

10 Replies
QMart
Asteroid
Options

I tried that. That's how I changed my nickname. It's what you see. When I tried to change "name", no cursor appears.

HOMEGROWNLSR
Constellation
Options

Same with mine, it's driving me crazy!

0 Likes
Jamjampoo
Halo
Options

I have the same issue

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@QMart 

In the Samsung members app, if you go under profile, under your nickname it should show your "name" and email address. If you click on your name, it will bring you to your Samsung account information and you can edit it from there.

If I helped you, hit the 'like' and if I resolved your issue, make my post as a 'solution' 😊

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
HOMEGROWNLSR
Constellation
Options

No it does not!

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hello! The names in the Member's App are not changeable through the app itself. The nickname can be changed, but the actual name comes from the Samsung account that is tied to the member's account. You would need to go to samsung.com and login to that account and change the name there and then it should update in Member's app. Let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
QMart
Asteroid
Options

I'm sorry @Mari_K, but that didn't work. There is not a hyperlink connected to "name". In my app, it is ordered "name", nickname, then email address.

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@QMart 

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. That's a short cut way to get to your Samsung account information directly from the app. But since that's not working for you, @THEGEEK19  has outlined how to get to your Samsung account information from phone settings. 

*if I have helped you, please LIKE this post. If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a SOLUTION. Hope you have a great day!
0 Likes
Solution
THEGEEK19
Astronaut
Options

Hey QMart. So I've been having issues with my account as well, it shows my region as United Kingdom. Yet I live in the US. So in order to change your name, go to Settings->Accounts and backup -> accounts -> select your samsung account from that list of accounts -> account information. There, you should be able to change your name.

View solution in context