cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QMart
Asteroid

I need Name change in member app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can change my nickname,  but why can't I change my actual name in the samsung members app? All my other apps are correct except this one. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
THEGEEK19
Astronaut

Re: I need Name change in member app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey QMart. So I've been having issues with my account as well, it shows my region as United Kingdom. Yet I live in the US. So in order to change your name, go to Settings->Accounts and backup -> accounts -> select your samsung account from that list of accounts -> account information. There, you should be able to change your name.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
QMart
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried that. That's how I changed my nickname. It's what you see. When I tried to change "name", no cursor appears.

Jamjampoo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@QMart 

In the Samsung members app, if you go under profile, under your nickname it should show your "name" and email address. If you click on your name, it will bring you to your Samsung account information and you can edit it from there.

If I helped you, hit the 'like' and if I resolved your issue, make my post as a 'solution' 😊

QMart
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry @Mari_K, but that didn't work. There is not a hyperlink connected to "name". In my app, it is ordered "name", nickname, then email address.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@QMart 

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. That's a short cut way to get to your Samsung account information directly from the app. But since that's not working for you, @THEGEEK19  has outlined how to get to your Samsung account information from phone settings. 

THEGEEK19
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey QMart. So I've been having issues with my account as well, it shows my region as United Kingdom. Yet I live in the US. So in order to change your name, go to Settings->Accounts and backup -> accounts -> select your samsung account from that list of accounts -> account information. There, you should be able to change your name.

View solution in original post

QMart
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's the weird part about it, @THEGEEK19, it's correct everywhere else. Only the member app is messed up. I appreciate your help as well as @Mari_K