JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Image Conversation Formats and What They Mean

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 04:48 AM)
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Okay I understand that I should probably know this already, it's most likely a question a four or five year olds can answer in their sleep. Even though in human years I'm 43 years old, in technology years I'm only two!!
So the stock gallery app for the Samsung Galaxy A12 has an option for consideration which is to either convert or not images into HEIF format when sharing the file. It would have been really convenient, totally helpful, time saving and brain expanding if this function had a little blurb, pop-up information bubble, or website url to click on for more information and explanation of exactly what this means. I have never heard of a HEIF file (or document or image; whatever it's called) ever before in my life. (Maybe it's because I'm on the imbecile side of things this time) I am disappointed with the Samsung development team as a whole the marketing department, editing board and public relations for assuming it is a commonly enough used term that the general population in it's entirety wouldn't be stumped, confused and anxiously wondering what this means and what option they should choose to get the desired results they're going for.
Even if the term has been used since the beginning of time and refered to the most basic of operations... there is always the exception to the rule that one who is just different enough for them to not comprehend. And I would think making a customer potentially feel dumb, uneducated, out of the loop, less than, inferior to and any other self-deprecating thoughts that might run around through their minds would be a huge deal and something expressly implicitly avoided at all costs. I can't picture a customer wanting anything else to do with something that puts them down like that (no matter how trivial the matter may be. At least I know that I certainly wouldn't spend any more money, time, energy, brain power or other resources on them from that moment forward, my pride and sense of self worth wouldn't allow me to and I know that if anyone I know ever found out I was still open to communicate with them I would never hear the end of it.
Not understanding what HEIF is makes me feel 2 centimeters tall and as smart and discerning as a box of crushed rocks. Not having the ability to quick click on it and find out what it is and does makes me know I need to get a neon sign that reads "Imbecile", "Moron" or "Dumba$$" in flashing bold typeface.

Please someone save me from a future residence in Stupidville for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the education in advance. Please stay safe healthy prosperous and happy during this ongoing pandemic.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Feragola
Astronaut
Options
HEIF (High Efficiency Image file Format) is a image format like "jpeg".

Here is a link to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Image_File_Format

It enables images to be sent from place to place while taking as little space as necessary.

I'm sure someone can elaborate on this but I hope this helps.

View solution in context

6 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
I'm pretty sure when they put this feature ur talking about on the phone they were not sitting there telling themselves I can't wait to put this feature in so people have no clue what we are talking about. I suggest that u Google it and do a YouTube search on it and most likely u will get the correct answer on how to do it
0 Likes
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
I seriously didn't think that and I am surprised that my sarcasm was taken so seriously. Also I have done quite a bit of research on the matter and I figured out quite a lot of it on my own. The main points being made in this particular post was that I was expressing my opinion and point of view first and foremost. Second important point and also an opinion was that I shouldn't have had to research about where to research information about something offered by anything like a smartphone which can include links, blurbs and other means of quick education and information gathering.
0 Likes
Solution
Feragola
Astronaut
Options
HEIF (High Efficiency Image file Format) is a image format like "jpeg".

Here is a link to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Image_File_Format

It enables images to be sent from place to place while taking as little space as necessary.

I'm sure someone can elaborate on this but I hope this helps.
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
It was perfect. Concise to the point and most importantly in plan everyday English
0 Likes
notmd
Astronaut
Options
What happens is your original file is striped down to the bare minimum if your sending hi.res pictures don't use it as your. Pictures will not be any where.near as good
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
Thank you kindly for the advice I will definitely remember that tidbit.
0 Likes