JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

In-call volume is very low when using Android Auto

(Topic created: 09-30-2020 06:52 PM)
userTRAluEhzQy
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Help! I can't control my in-call volume while plugged into my car. The people on the other end can hear me fine. I cant hear them at all. I'm using android auto and it would happen occasionally over the last few months. When I restarted the phone, it would return to normal.  Now it's constantly low.  I've tried turning the cars call volume all the way up to 40 but it's still hard to hear with highway noise. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, forgot the the bluetooth setting, cleared cache, and checked permissions. When I try to turn the volume up on my phone it is grey and unable to move. I am about to throw my s20 out the window I'm so frustrated. Please tell me how to fix this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userTRAluEhzQy
Asteroid
Options
I realized it's google voice through Acura doing it. either hitting the phone button or google one in the car reduces the sound. if you use the touchscreen to find contacts and call it works perfectly but negates "hands free"

View solution in context

12 Replies
goodhed
Constellation
Options
I'm having the same issue on Note 10 running on One UI 2.5. Has anyone found a away to address it?
0 Likes
userTRAluEhzQy
Asteroid
Options
Update: I found that if you use the car's touchscreen to call and not google voice, it works perfectly. The problem seems like Google voice is muting the car's volume and not turning it back up.
0 Likes
userb5imXB4FV5
Constellation
Options

Hopefully this helps Watch "Make Your Android Bluetooth Audio Volume LOUDER" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/AoK4CJGsZPE 

It worked on my Galaxy 20 note ultra 

0 Likes
Aqualoon
Asteroid
Options

Did you ever find a way to fix it?  Having the same issue on a s10e.

userTRAluEhzQy
Asteroid
Options
Nothing yet. I haven't checked on YouTube yet, but I will try that next
0 Likes
useruI979MLg4H
Constellation
Options

I'm having the exact same issue ever since I got my S20.  Is there a fix for this.  The in-call volume is very low. I tried the developer option on the phone but it doesn't work. 

Aqualoon
Asteroid
Options

Yeah I tried to disable absolute volume but that didn't help.  I can't do hands free calling until I find a fix for this which is a problem. 

0 Likes
useren5uU1KqzU
Constellation
Options

Same issue, S10+ and Acura TLX. Had been working fine prior, must be an update that is causing the low volume in call issue in android auto. 

0 Likes
Solution
userTRAluEhzQy
Asteroid
Options
I realized it's google voice through Acura doing it. either hitting the phone button or google one in the car reduces the sound. if you use the touchscreen to find contacts and call it works perfectly but negates "hands free"