JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is a Samsung account necessary?

(Topic created: 11-04-2020 06:26 AM)
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Forgive me this has been discussed already. Is a Samsung account necessary? I am using mostly Google' default apps over the ones Samsung has preinstalled. I have my backups going to Google and everything else is linked there as well. I like the Samsung hardware but enjoy the more pure Google experience. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Well I think you should use samsung but you don't have to.Sone apps might still require a Samsung Logins like Smart things Samsung Pay or Samsung Pass

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
Options
Well I think you should use samsung but you don't have to.Sone apps might still require a Samsung Logins like Smart things Samsung Pay or Samsung Pass

View solution in context

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Always good to have a backup. Look in the Google News recently there was a Game developer who was stripped of all accounts indefinitely. Everything!! could you imagine losing everything. All Family Photos All work Documents All Access No using youtube no using search. It's never a good idea to give one sole company full control.
0 Likes
Options
Yes that is why I use google microsoft and Samsung as well as Duckduck Go just in case
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Hes says hes lost . No incoming client projects. His family photos are all gone. He lost his job. Dunno what he did and from the way the article reads He doesnt know either. Just a violation of the terms. Cant get through to anyone either. Email is Dead. Ip address blocked. You name it. Absolute Power is Dangerous
0 Likes
Options
yea it is
0 Likes
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
I use One Drive with my Microsoft account so I have that as a backup, plus whatever is physically on my PC. Thanks for the tips thought. I not a fan of Samsung's apps but I love their hardware. I wish they should do a Nexus device for Google. Give it the goodness of a clean OS but the body of a Samsung device.