cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usercXykExivo7
Constellation

Is there a way to correct Bixby text-to-speech mispronunciation?

When Bixby reads Calendar events, it mispronounces "Dan's" as "Don's." Dan, which rhymes with "man," is a very common Anglo name, so this mispronunciation is a glaring error.

I suppose I could misspell the name as "Dann's" so Bixby can pronounce it correctly, but that's just stupid, since both Alexa and Google Assistant can pronounce "Dan" correctly by its natural spelling.

Since there are probably a number of these pronunciation shortcomings in Bixby's text-to-speech software, the Bixby team really ought to create a user-managed text-to-speech exception list that Bixby can use to correctly pronounce spoken text.

Real simple: GIve the word as it's spelled, and the word as it should be pronounced: Dan, Dann

1 REPLY 1
userHchpTXHgXb
Constellation

Re: If you are talking about the keyboard text to speech, I w...

@Jonmichal17 wrote:

If you are talking about the keyboard text to speech, I would use Gboard. It works better than bixby

I do use Gboard, but that's not what I was referring to. I was referring to the vocal response Bixby gives to queries such as, "What's on my schedule today?" When Bixby reads off the calendar events, it mispronounces some of the common names.