Original topic:

Is there a way to remove ads in the Samsung Weather app?

(Topic created: 10-23-2020 10:01 PM)
userMjfk3Vngiq
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, this is my first time here. I'm curious, is there any way to remove ads on the Samsung Weather app? Sometimes when I open the app it shows the weather and display a picture up top based on the current weather, but most of the time I see an ad and it's honestly annoying.

userQrLwSd3knG
Constellation
Options

I do use some apps with Ads. (usually, i buy, most my store apps are purchased, why ? good app is worthy)
Ad. is acceptable ONLY on "Free Services" or "Free Apps". Not on $1300 phone or any top and expensive devices. 

When comsumer do not want it and, still, can't even remove it, the only choice they have is not to use the product of samsung?

Why ? Why removing the app can't be an option?
Why push customer away? just because a Ad ?
No matter now much "Ads income" may, No customer, then

9999999....999999999 Ads x 0 customer = 0, easy math

Make ad away or removing option available, or Make customers away, Easy choice too.

0 Likes
megaroeny
Cosmic Ray
Options

Weather(.com) has ads on their platform, and since this weather app is using that as a dependancy, that's why there's ads. Samsung should aquire a third party so there's no ads maybe? That's what Apple did with DarkSky (unfortunately).

TheDukeOfFluke
Constellation
Options

I expect this kind of thing on a heavily subsidized, entry-level, or carrier branded phone (i can understand needing to recoup costs there), but NOT on a flagship that's sold at a premium price.

A $1300 Note 20 Ultra *should* have a first-party app experience untarnished by third-party ads. Come on, you're Samsung not Amazon. You've already gotten paid a huge chunk from us per phone, whether it's directly or through our carriers; trying to squeeze pennies out of us through these ads is not going to encourage us to come back to you for our next device.

USARugbyfan18
Asteroid
Options

It does the same thing and I hate it. I don't know why ads need to be necessary on premium flagship phones. I get lower end ones, but not phones that are almost $1500

lmario1985
Cosmic Ray
Options

Samsung is not respecting customers. Premium phones, please ..... Then they say listen to the fans ....

CalderCay
Neutron Star
Options

Use AdGuard private DNS ... Settings ... Connections ...More ... for "Private DNS" enter:
dns.adguard.com
... that will take care of ads system wide for all apps on the phone (including browsers) . Restart phone.

MrStratocaster
Asteroid
Options
didn't work for me sadly.
0 Likes
userjbNkvVHTTp
Constellation
Options

This worked great! You are awesome. This will be the first thing I do when I get my s21 ultra!  Thank you so much. 

userWGa5oE1qqp
Astronaut
Options

I just started getting ads in my weather app too. Right at the top whenever I try to see the weather I get reminders I need to work out more, or go grocery shopping. It's RIDICULOUS and embarassing. Ads are UNACCEPTABLE on premium devices, which I thought Samsung made premium devices but I'm having doubts now. I have a Galaxy S10e.  I am eligible to upgrade my device and I guess I'll be trying the Pixel lines next. Truly disappointing. What a joke. Is $1000 for a phone not enough? The greed of this corporation is disgusting. You make enough from hardware sales but you feel the need to throw ads in our face anyways? Forget you guys.  

IgorT
Asteroid
Options

I has just switched from Oneplus to Samsung Note 20 Ultra...  And I am shocked with these ads.

It is really rediculus.  I can understand, not accept it for cheap phones, but adding ads in $1000+ phone software, really? 

I will think twise what do buy with next upgrade:(