Original topic:

Is there a way to remove ads in the Samsung Weather app?

(Topic created on: 1/9/21 2:17 PM)
userMjfk3Vngiq
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, this is my first time here. I'm curious, is there any way to remove ads on the Samsung Weather app? Sometimes when I open the app it shows the weather and display a picture up top based on the current weather, but most of the time I see an ad and it's honestly annoying.

27 Replies
CJSnet
Cosmic Ray
Options
It's unacceptable. Everybody, please use the Contact Us option in the Weather app to send a bug report with this feedback.
0 Likes
TheCodifier
Astronaut
Options

Using a private DNS removed the ads for me. Example: 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com

0 Likes
userfHINawf7cc
Astronaut
Options

Go to Settings > Google > Ads .

Here you can opt out of ads

VAMPDC
Constellation
Options
that worked, thank you.
0 Likes
userRQ4GkfMM7Y
Constellation
Options
Awesome that worked!
0 Likes
userRvkAUh9SyR
Constellation
Options

@userfHINawf7cc wrote:

Go to Settings > Google > Ads .

Here you can opt out of ads

If you're going to help people, be helpful without spewing utter bullsh¡t. I still get ads in the apps. They're built in...Screenshot_20210123-201421_Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20210123-201323_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
Guru8492
Asteroid
Options

Hello after speaking with a rep through the members app all you need to do is disable the notifications for the google app. just the google app not the assistant or chrome or any other... Just the google app and they go away.

0 Likes
OldSkewlGaimr
Cosmic Ray
Options

If you do this you will also be turning off notifications for ALL kinds of other things... like reminders... you can see the list by clicking into the notifications from the Google app info.  And it dodnt work anyways.  I would love to not have ads showing, in fact, it is my firm belief that any apps that come on a device that I can not remove would not show ANY ads.  I did not spend $1000.00 to have ads shoved in my face.