Original topic:

Is there a way to remove ads in the Samsung Weather app?

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 11:45 AM)
userMjfk3Vngiq
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, this is my first time here. I'm curious, is there any way to remove ads on the Samsung Weather app? Sometimes when I open the app it shows the weather and display a picture up top based on the current weather, but most of the time I see an ad and it's honestly annoying.

27 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hi!  Which device is this regarding?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
megaroeny
Cosmic Ray
Options

S20 too

SueIsTaken
Cosmic Ray
Options

Samsung Galaxy S10 & S10+

WoofymanAtl
Constellation
Options

It does it on my brand new $1300 Note 20 Ultra. I can't believe it.

userQrLwSd3knG
Constellation
Options

Me, too, and so is on my expensive TV, and expensive phone Note 20 Ultra (bought 2020, now 2021, someday, new no-bulit-in-ad phone may replace it)

I am using samsung products for years.

I will wait some samsung response for while then ... May be it is time ....

megaroeny
Cosmic Ray
Options

Same thing on my S20. I can't believe it. A premium device shouldn't have ads on their built-in apps. Ridiculous. I end up using third-party apps because of this.

userfZPYJeYvN5
Constellation
Options

This is why Apple will be always better. I am regretting for spending $1300 for Note 20 Ultra with cheap adds. I will switch to Apple again. Samsung, please hire good marketing people so you can do better.

userrpmPcIAix5
Constellation
Options

I've owned my Note 10 since it's release. I've never seen ads until the update yesterday. The very people that run Samsung hate ads on their tv and their devices for sure, no one likes them. They consciously choose to do this bull.

I've liked many a Samsung product, but this is a deal breaker when purchasing my next device.

Idiots.

KingTutt420
Astronaut
Options
Ads make money, Samsung loves money; therefore, Samsung loves ads. That's basic math and basic business.
0 Likes