JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to send money between an Apple phone and Android phone without using third party app

(Topic created: 01-21-2022 05:17 AM)
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I need to be able to send money from my Android device to a friend's Apple device. My friend won't use 3rd party apps on their Apple device. Is there a way for the default Samsung Messages SMS app to do money transfer to Apple device? Or some other native app? Or maybe a 3rd party app I can install on my Android for transferring directly to my friend's Apple messaging app?? Please help.....??

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
They won't use Facebook payment option. Well I'm sorry to say apple and Android won't ever get along. Your friend will either have to use a 3rd party app or not get paid. That's why there is no real imessage for Android. I'm not trying to be mean but it's a thing Apple and android have been rivals for over a decade and there is no chance of it ending
0 Likes
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options

Sorry.....

0 Likes
Tel864
Galaxy
Options
Have either of you checked to see if your banks have Zelle available? Using your banks app you can transfer money directly back and forth for no charge and its almost instant. I have a relative who uses Apple, we have different banks and use Zelle all the time.
0 Likes
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options

Sorry; but this is precisely what I was ssying in my initial post. Third party apps are nit a workable option.

Tel864
Galaxy
Options
I didn't consider the bank app to be a 3rd party app. Technically, the Samsung messaging app is no different than a bank app and I'd consider the bank app to be more secure. While Apple Pay can send money directly, I don't know of a way between Android and Apple.
0 Likes
1Trek1
Cosmic Ray
Options
The messaging app (on Samsung or on Apple) is a native app, provided my the manufacturer. The bank app comes from the bank, hence 3rd party.
0 Likes
Tel864
Galaxy
Options

Fine, have it your way, but that Samsung app is no different than any other app. You can call it native if you want, but it's just another app, able to be removed and installed like any other app. If someone is putting their trust into a messaging app, then they have other worries. Good luck on this rabbit hole you and your friend are going down. If you figure it out, hopefully you won't lose too much money using an unsecure messaging app.