JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Junk mail going into my Hotmail email inbox

(Topic created: 03-22-2022 03:36 AM)
moodybluesman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So far, the advice I've read to stop junk mail going into my hotmail email account inbox on my Galaxy S8 has been ineffective. Suggestions as to the Menu (whatever that is) do not reflect the Settings I see. Can anyone advise me? 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
SapphireEX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This is for Samsung products, not Hotmail. If you have a problem with Hotmail, file a ticket with them.
moodybluesman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How can I stop Junk mail going into my Inbox instead of Junk Mail Folder (Galaxy S8)?

SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with your email provider. Other than marking it as spam and hoping your email catches on. There is nothing you can do
0 Likes
Waheela77
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was getting dozens of Junk mails every day. I used the setting in my Outlook (Livemail) online account to automatically send all messages from senders who are Not in my Contacts list to my Junk folder... and now only a very few spam emails come into my Inbox. (I found it was impossible to block spam emails using filters, so I resorted to this setting.)
0 Likes
moodybluesman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What Settings are you referring to in my Hotmail email account
0 Likes
moodybluesman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What setting are you referring to in the hotmail/outlook email account? I do not see a specific email setting to stop junk mail going into my Inbox, only a list of spam addresses I manually transferred to Spam.
0 Likes
Waheela77
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'll look into it and get back with you on that... (as I made that setting while using Outlook web access from my desktop PC several years ago ... interestingly, it provides the same benefit when accessing my Outlook email from using the (Samsung) Email app on my Galaxy S7. I don't know if the setting would be available while using an Email app on a Smartphone, but that would be something to check also.
0 Likes