Original topic:

Latest Health App Update Includes Real-time Cycling Data

(Topic created: 02-11-2022 02:37 PM)
WirelessMike
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I love this feature, and that it integrates my Watch 4 to include heartrate data. I was really looking forward to using this instead of some expensive cycling computer with limited features, but the app doesn't include a setting to override screen timeout, so the best you can do with this real-time app is listen to the directions using a saved route and set the timeout to 10 minutes so you only have to unlock it every 10 minutes instead of every few seconds. That's not how a real-time monitor works...

Strava's similar feature, for example, has a setting built in to override the timeout. Guess I'll just keep using that until Samsung gets this addressed. It's a new feature, after all, so perhaps they simply didn't predict this limitation. The feature is truly excellent, otherwise, and is similar to the Strava real-time monitor in that you can toggle between a real-time data screen (speed, time, heartrate, power, etc.) and a map screen which you can use your own saved routes with for navigation (totally free!). They just need to get that timeout problem addressed and it's the perfect solution for a cyclist.

2 Replies
userJ56Is0rhm7
Asteroid
Options
Yh I'm totally digging the fitness features on this device.
0 Likes
Members_QPCeOig
Constellation
Options

I agree the screen constantly locking while riding is annoying.  Any words on an app update?

0 Likes